About

My photo
This blog is a culmination of two forever-bakers who have spent countless hours reading about, thinking about, and dreaming about baking delicious treats in our spare time. After taking a few cake decorating classes, our interest has soared to no end. While living and working in the same city has been a sweet treat in itself, a move across the state has spawned the desire to keep in touch by taking our love of baking and everything kitchen to the next level. So wipe your feet on the mat and stay awhile!

Labels

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baked Sunday Mornings: Devil's Food Cake with Angel Frosting

It's another scrumptious Sunday over at Baked!  This Devil's Food cake is pretty great.  The cake itself has cocoa, dark chocolate, and a little coffee to really bring out the flavors.  All of this goodness is enveloped in a seven minute frosting which the Baked boys dub "Angel Frosting."  I'm not the biggest fan of this kind of frosting, but it works well to cut some of rich chocolate flavor.  I think this chocolate cake recipe is a great base to build on...I'll definitely be using this again!



Head on over to the Baked Sunday Mornings blog for the recipe!

{T}

2 comments:

mike509 said...

Ain't that the truth? I thought I'd hate this frosting, but it was actually pretty good! Glad you enjoyed the cake - that was the best part! Looks like a winner!

Kris' Kitchen said...

I was expecting this frosting to be like the usual 7 minute frosting that goes crusty on the outside...and I don't really care for it...but I must admit that I totally loved this cake and frosting...a nice surprise.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio