About

My photo
This blog is a culmination of two forever-bakers who have spent countless hours reading about, thinking about, and dreaming about baking delicious treats in our spare time. After taking a few cake decorating classes, our interest has soared to no end. While living and working in the same city has been a sweet treat in itself, a move across the state has spawned the desire to keep in touch by taking our love of baking and everything kitchen to the next level. So wipe your feet on the mat and stay awhile!

Labels

Monday, October 31, 2011

Spinach Ricotta Pizza

Ok, bare with me.  I may or may not be about to tell you about something healthy.  I know, I know.  I promise this won't happen very often.  But I like to start off the week telling myself I'm going to watch what I eat, exercise every day, and contribute to world peace.  And most of the time, this plan lasts about 2.5 hours and ends shortly after I arrive to work.  This Spinach Ricotta Pizza is perfect for any day of the week, but I like to make it on Mondays because its somewhat healthy and incredibly fast.  And after a Case of the Mondays, this hits the spot.




Spinach Ricotta Pizza
  • 1 pizza crust (I happened to use a personal sized prepared wheat crust, but you can easily use any size and/or make your own crust)
  • Pizza or tomato sauce of your choice
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • Baby Spinach
  • Part Skim Ricotta
  • Cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.  Using a spoon, spread sauce over pizza crust.  Generally sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.  Add spinach on top, then using a spoon, dollop ricotta cheese over the spinach.  Add cherry tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper.  Bake for 8 minutes or until crust is golden brown.*

*Note: The oven temperature here is for a personal size thin crust pizza.  Be sure and check the instructions on your pizza crust for best results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio