About

My photo
This blog is a culmination of two forever-bakers who have spent countless hours reading about, thinking about, and dreaming about baking delicious treats in our spare time. After taking a few cake decorating classes, our interest has soared to no end. While living and working in the same city has been a sweet treat in itself, a move across the state has spawned the desire to keep in touch by taking our love of baking and everything kitchen to the next level. So wipe your feet on the mat and stay awhile!

Labels

Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweet Cream Ice Cream

Without a doubt vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream.  I realize that by many people's definition this makes me boring and bland, but that just means more delicious vanilla ice cream for me.  The reason I like vanilla ice cream so much is it goes with everything (like a really good handbag or a pair of great sandals you get on sale).  You can put any kind of mix-ins, toppings, or pair it with any dessert and it still tastes great.  Below is a recipe for Sweet Cream Ice Cream that doesn't use eggs.  I don't really have an issue with the recipes with eggs, but this recipe is perfect for those of us who are, shall we say, lazy.  I guess this entire post means I'm bland and lazy......I might need to go eat some ice cream to deal with this revelation. 

Sweet Cream Ice Cream
from Ice Cream Geek who adapted it from the one and only Ben and Jerry's

2 c. heavy whipping cream
3/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. half and half

Whisk the cream while adding in the sugar a little at a time, after all is added whisk until completely blended.  Add the half and half to this mixture, whisk to combine.  Follow your ice cream maker's directions for freezing.  (As a side note, I have an ice cream maker that has the canister that freezes overnight and then churns itself, and it works best to churn it for awhile until it gets to a milkshake consistency and then freeze it the rest of the way in the freezer.)

-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio