About

My photo
This blog is a culmination of two forever-bakers who have spent countless hours reading about, thinking about, and dreaming about baking delicious treats in our spare time. After taking a few cake decorating classes, our interest has soared to no end. While living and working in the same city has been a sweet treat in itself, a move across the state has spawned the desire to keep in touch by taking our love of baking and everything kitchen to the next level. So wipe your feet on the mat and stay awhile!

Labels

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Baked Sunday Mornings: Malted Crisp Tart

We're whipping up a Malted Crisp Tart over at Baked Sunday Mornings this week.  Curious what a malted crisp tart is?  So was I.  I had never heard of this kind of tart before, and after making it, I still think I've never come across anything like it.  This tart has a brown sugar crust (love) topped with a layer of ganache, which is topped with crushed malt balls which is THEN topped with caramelized rice crispies.  Oh and then topped with a pastry cream.  Shewww.  Let's just say there were a lot of steps and components to this treat.  I happen to love and dream about anything with malt in it (keep me away from Sonic), so this was fun for me to make.  I used a spring-form pan instead of a classic tart pan, and it worked just fine. 


 Head on over to the Baked blog for the recipe and to see what the other members whipped up today!

{T}

7 comments:

Bri said...

This was so delicious; I do love malt. Luckily, so does Baked, so we can expect to be making even more malt-y treats in the future!

mike509 said...

I HAVE to make this again - since I have a whole box of Krispies left over! What a gorgeous tart! So glad you enjoyed making it - it was a favorite of mine as well!

Candy said...

Your tart is beautiful! I thought this was delicious too.

Littlebakerbunny said...

I love the way your tart turned out with the straight edges from the springform pan! This tart really is a malt lover's dream!

Kris' Kitchen said...

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this tart...I must make it again...and I know what you mean about malt...it's already becoming an addiction.

Elaine said...

Your tart is so beautiful! It looks just as pretty without the caramelized crispies on top. I'll have to leave them off next time because with them in the chocolate layer I don't think you need them on top as well. So many steps, but so worth it!

Anonymous said...

I love the clean look of the edge using springform pan. I'll have to try it next time.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio