About

My photo
This blog is a culmination of two forever-bakers who have spent countless hours reading about, thinking about, and dreaming about baking delicious treats in our spare time. After taking a few cake decorating classes, our interest has soared to no end. While living and working in the same city has been a sweet treat in itself, a move across the state has spawned the desire to keep in touch by taking our love of baking and everything kitchen to the next level. So wipe your feet on the mat and stay awhile!

Labels

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Eggnog Spiced Cookies

To me there are two different types of people during the holidays. Those who love eggnog and those who refuse to drink it, for what reasons, I have no clue. I refer to those in the second category as the grinches of Christmas. Nothing says the holidays to me like a big cup of egg-nog with nutmeg sprinkled on top. Lucky for me you can buy eggnog by the gallon during this time of year and I decided to do a little more than just drink it.....

This recipe is for an Eggnog Spiced Cookie with Eggnog Cream Cheese Glaze. Yeah, it's a mouthful, but if you're a fan of all things nutmeg then it's worth a try. The end result is a thick spice-filled cookie with a creamy glaze that will definitely trigger all things Christmas. I'm going to be honest, if these cookies were people then you'd probably say they "have a nice personality". But just because these aren't the cookie equivalent to Heidi Klum doesn't mean they aren't very tasty. Here are the two original links I used for the cookies and the glaze. I'll detail below the couple of changes I made and the changes I will make in the future when I make them again.

First, for the cookies. The recipe calls for all white sugar, but per the comments to the recipe I used 1/2 c. of brown sugar and 3/4 c. of white sugar for a little more taste. Also, again per the comments, I only used 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg. This proved to be more than enough as the flavor comes through in the eggnog, the frosting, and the garnish on top.

For the glaze, I just replaced the milk with eggnog and used probably about 4 tablespoons instead of the 3 in the recipe along with adding another tablespoon of powdered sugar. Note to the wise, make sure your cream cheese is fully creamed in the mixer before adding said eggnog. My end result was less than profesional with some cream cheese chunks still in it.

I hope all the other fellow eggnog lovers out there will appreciate this post, and hopefully you can sway "those other people" to come over to our side with the cookies.

-D

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good information that was shared to us to read. Looks delicious and very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Both recipes and methods are very good.
เอเชีย

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio